Friday, March 4, 2011

It Begins...

So today is my first blog post.  I've been meaning to make this blog for awhile now...

Anyways you probably want to know a little bit about me.  Well for starters I live in Perth, Australia.  I'm originally from North Carolina back in America.  A few years ago I was a typical, everyday, hum-drum guy going to Wake Forest University.

A friend of mine told me about the study abroad program they offered at the school.  To me, I was so excited because I'd never even been on a plane before, let alone live outside the country.  I was born and raised in a super small town and throughout my life, I always had an urge to explore the world, but never really had an opportunity to do so...  Well until this came along that is.

So I talked to my guidance councilor and to my surprise, I was eligible to take part in the study abroad program.  My eyes started spreading wide wondering about all the different places I could visit in the world.  Should it be Paris?  Should it be London?  Should it be Buenos Aires?  Ultimately I wanted to go as far as humanly possible so I looked on a globe and low and behold, Perth Australia was the furthest distance to where I was living (just about).


It had warm weather, amazing beaches, a laid back atmosphere and yeah did I mention it was in friggin' Australia?!?  So I took the leap and went out there.

It was by far the best experience of my life.  For a whole year I was able to meet people from all over the world, travel, taste new foods, learn about new cultures, I even met my girlfriend out there.  In fact, she's the love of my life and one of the reasons I'm even starting this blog in the first place.

Anyways, I fell in love with the country and after I got back, I vowed that after I graduated I'd be back there for good.  What do you know what happened?  I've been here ever since, still with my girlfriend.

I started this blog to talk about my travel experiences but also talk about the lessons I've learned with my girlfriend and the relationship lessons I've picked up over the years.  Hopefully you'll learn a thing or two or at the very least be entertained by some of my personal stories I'll bring to the table.

So I hope you enjoyed my first post, I'll be talking to you guys again very soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment